Brussels Sprouts with Basil and Garlic

by on March 3, 2006

Brussels Sprouts with Basil and Garlic

Here’s a quick recipe. I had a craving for Brussels sprouts, and there was about a pound of fresh ones in the fridge, so I decided to cook them up for lunch. Here’s what I did:

And yes, I did eat these all by myself. They and some fresh pineapple were my lunch for the day.

Current day month ye@r *

1 titania March 15, 2010 at 12:37 am

I am a vegetarian and had never had brussel sprouts until I today!! Your recipe looked so tempting, I just had to try it! I made it sans the onions (I am very picky about onions) and substituted the vegetable broth with water because I didn't have any broth. Even then, it turned out fabulous!! When I smelled the garlic and basil together, I just wanted to dive in right away!

Thank you so much for introducing me to this wonderful, cheap, nutricious food! If it hadn't been for that picture, I may have never tried brussel sprouts! This is going to become a staple on my menu.

2 Jessica March 22, 2010 at 9:35 pm

This is a wonderful recipe – I have never cared much for Brussel Sprouts but this was fabulous. Your blog is amazing thank you so much for posting such a great resource!

3 Gwen January 24, 2013 at 7:46 pm

This is a great recipe…very tasty! Thanks!

4 Angelica February 22, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Thank you for this recipe! We love Brussels sprouts, and have tried some good recipes but this is now my favorite! Only thing I did different was that I added fresh basil, since I happen to have some. Yummy!

5 Diann R. May 9, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I have never cared much for brussel sprouts, unless covered in butter and salt, but I tried this recipe and added some baby bella mushrooms and some tofu. Now, I’m hooked. Seriously, love this recipe soooo good!

6 Sahrit August 23, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I’ll let me taste buds speak for me: YUM YUM YUM!
I never knew too much about Brussels sprouts till I ate a really rear meal at some restaurant and decided I want to have a go with this new veggie in my life!

I looked through the recipes on the web and decide to have a go with yours first since it seems as though I have all the ingredients in my house and it looks delich!

I am sooooooo happy I went for it! And now I have more confident with this “new” veggie :)

Thanks for sharing!!!