Serious Cat Photos

by on January 28, 2007

Well, I did it. I finally changed this blog over to the New Blogger. It seems to have gone well, but I couldn’t be certain until I’d actually posted something. And since I don’t have a new recipe for you, I thought I’d show you photos of my third favorite photography subject (after family and food): CATS.

Cats

My cats always look so serious. I wish I could get them to smile, but that’s just the way they are. I assure you that they are happy, healthy, friendly cats, but they’re also very serious. The one in front, Bud, will come running the second my daughter raises her voice in distress and will meow repeatedly to let us know that she’s in trouble. He’s a very loving, loyal cat, but not given to smiling.

Guard Cat

Despite his sentry-like stance in this photo, Domino is no watch-cat. If an adult other than D. or me enters the house, he runs to hide in our bedroom. Kids are a different story. He’s never been afraid of children and will plop himself down in the midst of a crowd of them.

Leda, in the background, is a true scaredy cat. In fact, I took this photo because it’s one of the few times she’s emerged from the house. She hides under the sofa or bed from everybody except D. and me (including, unfortunately, E). At night she comes out of hiding and sleeps on my pillow, keeping my head warm and probably my lungs filled with cat fur. At less than 5 pounds, she’s the size of a kitten, but she’s 11 years old.

And that’s the Serious Cat round-up for this week, brought to you by the New Blogger.

Tags:

1 Vegancat December 10, 2009 at 10:42 am

Your cats are really funny coloured. The funniest here in our area is a bright orange tiger. I never have seen such a bright colouring ever before.

No idea how that happend because the father is white and fluffy and the mother is another widely mixed stray brown tiger.

Everyone who sees our whitey boy thinks he is an exclusive breed like an angora, but he is also just a street mix.

He strolled into our home, jumped onto the couch and marked us as his caretaker..typical cat-behaviour i would say.

he is now…12 years more or less, we can not tell exactly.

And then there is our 19 year old granny, a real princess.

We switched her to vegan cat food with 16 years because she got sever reactions to other cat food. no matter if high quality, the brand one can buy from the vet or raw made food.

it was the last straw to save her because she could not keep her food and still gets bad reactions if she eats anything with meat.
Eggs and milk do not trigger a reaction as extreme but if she gets food over a longer time which contains eggs or milk she will loose control over her legs, stumble,fall over…it is not pretty and no one can tell use why that happens.

We feed her amicat, it is an italian brand invented by vets specially for allergic cats and use vegecat supplement if i cook for her.
And sometimes she gets a swiss brand of food made with vegecat supplement which is available in a ground and sausage like variety.

It is normally a treat but 4 weeks ago some moron kick started his car and hit her.
I heard the crash with closed windows and …hell it was bad.

The guy drove of after he crashed in our garden..or exactly in old granny.

Her hip was broken, she got a shock and her bladder was injured.
Also she had massives blood vessel ruptures around her hip.

But stubborn as a cat is she insisted on walking/stumbling through the house after 3 days.

I am still very angry and the crash did not improve her health…i got granny as a kitten when her mother birthed her in the garden under the stairs ..she surived an infection with cat aids(no idea what it is called in english) a car accident 7 years ago and now this one.

But she lost so much weight and is even pickier with food now so she gets her *treat* instead of regular food.

She has..or more had…a stature like your domino..and no matter how old she is, she is still the most amazing cat.

The amazone she is, she attacked a retriever dog wo dared to walk into her territory..while our white boy cowered in a corner even when he is three times bigger than her.

Yeah…she is still the queen. Maybe she has more than 9 lives.

Oh and also the vegan diet is approved by the vet.

Whity boy prefers the vegan food too, he rather eat the vegan cat food-sausage than the normal ham..or anything else what is normally considered a delicacy.

Any other cat that will join our family in the future will also get vegan cat food because i only made good experience with it.

They are more healthy, the fur is beautiful, they have less problems when they go through fur change, less/no longer throwing up or other digestion problems..and they smell better..no cat breath.

I had high montly pays for the vet because of my old missy and her health problems and they have gone away nearly completly 6 months after i started the vegan food.

Me and the vet both were puzzled when we reognized that her problems with the nervous system were food related and the only thing we can think about is that she is reacting to animal protein like a person with celiac condition to weath protein

2 Sarah December 8, 2010 at 12:34 pm

o my gosh! your cat looks just like mine! down to where each color is and everything. they even have the same blue eyes… except Koko is very scared of children

3 di December 13, 2010 at 9:37 am

my cat looks so similar to your cat who i think is domino, so colourful, but i never figured out what breed she was. do u have an idea what breed yours is?

4 SusanV December 13, 2010 at 9:39 am

I think Domino is, in part, what they call a Snowshoe. If you Google it, you’ll see photos that look a lot like him.

5 Skye Walker March 5, 2011 at 5:18 pm

What kind of cat is Domino?

6 SusanV March 5, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Domino is a “mutt” who looks a lot like a Snowshoe cat.

7 amelia June 22, 2011 at 1:39 pm

wow your cat domino looks exactly like my cat Salem! heres a pic of him and you can decide for yourself if they look alike lol.ameliahowe@yahoo.com email me and i can send you a pic of salem they look almost idtenical! sadly though salem died two years ago. seeing your cat domino reminded me of how much i miss mine :(