Rather than have my usual lettuce and spinach salad for lunch today, I decided to enjoy a nice big bowl of coleslaw. And since there’s a 2-pound package of grape tomatoes on my counter (my daughter pleaded with me to buy them, saying she’d have them for snacks, but that’s a lot of snacking) I decided to throw a few of them in too. The combination was a good one, though I have to advise you that I used way too much dressing for this amount of coleslaw. If you decide to make this, start with less dressing and add more to your taste. It turned out a little too rich for mine!
Creamy Herbed Coleslaw
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (you can make it yourself)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (or vinegar of choice)
- 1 tsp. sugar, agave nectar, or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 8 ounces packaged coleslaw (or shredded cabbage and carrots) –or more, as needed
- 6 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes
- Mix all ingredients except the coleslaw and tomatoes together in a small bowl. Pour over the coleslaw and mix well. Add the tomatoes and combine gently. Refrigerate and allow flavors to blend until ready to serve.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s) | Cooking (refrigeration) time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
52 91 2.2K