But enough from me. I’ll let the photos do the talking.
This one is saying, “My graham cracker crust is the perfect crunchy contrast to my creamy, brandy-kissed filling”:
I consider this a special occasion food, an “impress your friends and family” food, not one to be eaten often (or by myself!) And it will definitely impress.
Vegan Eggnog Cheesecake
- 1 12.3-ounce package extra firm light silken tofu
- 1 8-ounce package Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan eggnog see note
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brandy or rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg packed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 prepared graham cracker or oatmeal cookie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Drain the tofu and put it and the Tofutti cream cheese into your food processor. Blend until smooth. Add the sugar and eggnog, and process again until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients (except crust) and process until completely smooth, about 3 more minutes. Pour into the pie crust and bake in the middle of the oven for about 55 minutes (do not allow to brown). Filling will be slightly jiggly, not completely set until chilled.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate until completely chilled (the longer, the better). Serve sprinkled with additional grated nutmeg.
-filling only, no crust: 234 Calories (kcal); 7g Total Fat; (28% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 191mg Sodium; trace Fiber -with Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookie Crust: 323 Calories (kcal); 8g Total Fat; (21% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 301mg Sodium; 2g Fiber -with Keebler Graham Crust: 345 Calories (kcal); 12g Total Fat; (33% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 308mg Sodium; trace Fiber These estimates use Vitasoy Holly Nog. Cheesecake made with other soy nog or soymilk will differ.
Nutritional info is approximate.