Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Hot Layered Hummus
Hummus takes on an entirely new character when it's served hot with a fresh salad topping in this creamy, vegan low-fat recipe.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas or 3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used cashew milk)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 5 small radishes sliced and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 4 kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate vinegar or white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes or paprika see notes
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly oil a shallow baking dish or pie pan.
Place all hummus ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. Spread into the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
While hummus is in the oven, prepare the salad topping. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Spread the salad over the hummus and serve hot with pita bread as an appetizer.
Aleppo pepper is medium spicy, and it's what I prefer in this recipe. Use red pepper flakes to make it very spicy or paprika to keep it mild.
One serving on Weight Watchers Freestyle program is 1 point, though 2 servings is 3 points.
Adapted from Turkish Hot Layered Hummus at Panning the Globe.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.5g | Protein: 7.3g | Fat: 4.8g | Sodium: 813.8mg | Fiber: 6.2g