Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Smoky Refried Bean Soup
This soup is so thick it’s almost a chili. Use the minimum amounts of chipotle chili powder and hot sauce to make this a mild dish or add more to make it as hot as you dare.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes I used fire-roasted
- 15 ounces fatfree refried beans 1 can
- 15 ounces cooked black beans 1 can
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8-1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large, non-stick pot and sauté the onion until it begins to brown. Add the garlic and bell pepper and cook for one more minute. Add all the remaining ingredients and cook until the flavors blend, 20-30 minutes.
Serving suggestion: Garnish with fresh tomato salsa and serve with baked tortilla chips and a large salad.
One serving is zero points on Weight Watchers Freestyle program.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 15.2g | Sodium: 852mg | Fiber: 14.4g