Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Vegan Comeback Sauce
This spicy sauce is the epitome of versatile. Use it on sandwiches, as a dipping sauce for oven fries or falafel, or as a salad dressing. If you’re not a spicy lover, try it first without the cayenne pepper (the other ingredients make it naturally spicy) and add the red pepper to taste.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time2 mins
Total Time12 mins
- 1/2 12-ounce package Mori-Nu silken tofu
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to blend.
Stir before using, adding a little water if sauce is too thick. Excellent as a dipping sauce or salad dressing. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Jacksonians like this dressing on the sweet side, so feel free to add more raisins or a few drops of liquid stevia to increase the sweetness.
Weight Watchers, up to 2 servings (4 tablespoons) of this dressing count as 1 point on the Freestyle program.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.9g | Protein: 1.8g | Fat: 1.2g | Sodium: 162.4mg | Sugar: 1.8g