Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Pineapple Coffee Cake
Not only is this vegan pineapple coffee cake completely free of added fats, it also uses no white flour at all and contains very little sugar.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 1 cup quick or whole oats not instant
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar or stevia baking blend I used demerara
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer or 1 1/4 teaspoons of cornstarch, potato starch, or tapioca plus 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple packed in pineapple juice undrained
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar such as demerara or raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly spray or wipe the bottom and sides of a 8 X 8-inch glass baking pan with oil or cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. (You may use metal or silicone, but the baking time will vary.)
Put the oats into a blender and grind until they are fine. Stir a couple of times to make sure that they’re uniformly ground.
Mix the oat flour with the other dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and stir until moistened and completely combined, but don’t overmix. Pour into the prepared pan (batter will be thick). Mix together the sugar and cinnamon topping, and sprinkle it over the top.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Cut into 9 pieces, eat, and celebrate!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 299mg | Fiber: 3g