Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This nutritious soup contains some of the most nutrient-dense, health-promoting foods on the planet! Use any greens you choose–and feel free to add more of them.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 4-5 cups water
- 3 baby bok choy -about 9 ounces or 250g-trimmed and sliced
- 3 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 3-6 ounces organic silken tofu cubed (see substitutes below)
- 1 small onion halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Korean powdered pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon mellow white miso add more to taste
Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add all ingredients except miso, reduce heat, and cover. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove a few tablespoons of the broth and place it in a small bowl; add the miso and stir until well combined. Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the miso. Serve.
Instead of tofu, try using 1/2 cup of shelled edamame, frozen green peas, or any cooked beans.
Korean hot pepper flakes are a little milder than regular red pepper flakes, so if you use the regular kind, add them carefully to taste.
If using 6 oz. tofu, add 23 calories and .8 gram of fat.
Each serving is zero points on Weight Watchers' Freestyle program.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1.8g | Sodium: 443.8mg | Fiber: 2.9g | Sugar: 4.6g