Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tunisian-Inspired Chickpea and Potato Salad
Medium-spicy harissa is the flavor that pulls this salad together, and it’s the one essential ingredient. Substitutes, such as chili sauce, don’t have the same smoky flavor and may be much more spicy. You can leave out other ingredients, so if you’re not a fan of black olives or capers or just don’t have pepperoncinis handy, feel free to leave them out or substitute with something you do like.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 4 small Yukon gold potatoes (or 2 medium)
- 15 ounces cooked chickpeas (1 can or about 1 3/4 cups), drained
- 1 medium cucumber peeled , seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 6-8 jumbo black olives , sliced (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup capers , rinsed and drained, chopped if large
- 4 pepperoncini peppers , stemmed and sliced
- 3-6 tablespoons harissa , or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Tofu-Cashew Mayo (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1/2 sheet sushi nori , crumbled, or 1/2 teaspoon powdered kelp (optional)
- Salt , to taste
Boil the potatoes until tender. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a large storage container and add all remaining ingredients. Stir well and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to blend.
Add salt to taste and serve in pitas or other bread or with salad greens.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 49.6g | Protein: 12.4g | Fat: 4.8g | Sodium: 362.5mg | Fiber: 10.9g | Sugar: 5.9g