Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Ridiculously Easy Curry-Scrambled Tofu
Tofu can be either crumbled or cubed. Omit or reduce the salt to lower sodium. The black salt gives tofu a very eggy flavor but can be overpowering so use cautiously.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1/2 green pepper , chopped
- 1/2 red pepper , chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms , trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced or pressed
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu , drained, dried off, and cubed or crumbled
- 1 teaspoon good curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- pinch black salt (kala namak), optional
Heat a non-stick skillet. Add the chopped peppers and mushrooms. Cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute or two until mushrooms have darkened in color.
Stir in the tofu, sprinkle it with curry powder and ground red pepper, and pour the vegetable broth over it. Cook on medium-high, turning gently with a spatula, until most of the liquid is evaporated and tofu is hot and beginning to brown in places. Stir in salt to taste along with nutritional yeast and black salt, if using. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.6g | Protein: 18.2g | Fat: 7.6g | Sodium: 825.3mg | Potassium: 353.8mg | Fiber: 3.7g | Sugar: 3.4g