Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Simple Scrambled Tofu and Kale with Sweet Potato Fries
Be sure to use a pan that has a cover so that the kale will steam properly.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 14 ounces tofu , firm or extra-firm, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika (mild or spicy)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 bunch kale , stems removed and discarded and leaves thinly sliced (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- additional salt and pepper , to taste
Heat a deep, non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the red pepper and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Add the tofu and sprinkle it with the paprika, cumin, salt, and turmeric. Cook, stirring constantly, until the spices are fragrant and the tofu is hot throughout.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the kale and stir. If the mixture seems dry, add a tablespoon or two of water. Cover and steam, stirring every minute or so, until the kale softens, about 4 to 7 minutes, depending on how tender you like your kale. Stir in the nutritional yeast, check the seasonings, and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook for another minute or two until heated through.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 20.6g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 631mg | Fiber: 4.7g | Sugar: 3g