Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons mild chili powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 1 16-ounce can pinto or kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 5 cups thinly-sliced kale (thick stems removed before slicing) or other greens**
- salt and pepper , to taste
Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling water until tender. Drain.
Sauté onion in a large non-stick pot until translucent. Add remaining ingredients, as well as cooked pasta. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
*This is chili powder, not pepper, a mixture of mild chili peppers and cumin that adds no heat to the dish. If you want it spicy, add cayenne or additional chipotle chili powder.
**If you use a faster-cooking green such as spinach, add it during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 854mg | Fiber: 9g