Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Vegan Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
The bottom layer of this vegan cheesecake is lightly flavored with lemon, while the top layer is pumpkin-flavored without being heavy; eaten together, they’re just plain heaven.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 8 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese look for the non-hydrogenated version in the yellow container
- 12 ounces extra-firm silken tofu Mori-nu brand in aseptic package
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree canned, not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 teaspoons rum optional
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or natural sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg (so much better than pre-ground)
- 1 pre-made 8-inch graham cracker crust or oatmeal cookie crust
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Put the "Cheesecake" ingredients (toffuti through vanilla) in a food processor and puree until completely smooth. It should be silky smooth–not chalky or lumpy.
Remove a heaping cup of this mixture from the processor and spread it in the bottom of the crust.
Add the "Pumpkin" ingredients (pumpkin through nutmeg) to the ingredients remaining in the food processor and process until well blended. Smooth it carefully over the white layer in the crust, heaping it slightly in the middle.
Bake until the center is almost set, about 50-60 minutes. (Insert a toothpick. If it comes out liquidy and cold, give it more time, until the center is firm.) Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 3 hours. Serve to delighted guests. (Don’t tell them it’s vegan, and they won’t know!)
The nutritional info is based on the pie without the crust. Be aware that the crust will add fat and calories. For an oil-free crust, try my oatmeal cookie crust.
Serving: 1slice without crust | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 179mg