Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Roasted Salsa Verde
Roasted onions, tomatillo, and tomatoes give this green salsa a deep, caramelized flavor.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 5 small tomatillos paper removed (or substitute small green tomatoes)
- 4 medium green tomatoes about 1 1/4 pounds, halved lengthwise
- 3 cloves elephant garlic peeled
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1-3 jalapeño peppers depending on heat level
- 1 small onion peeled and halved
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet with canola oil. Place the vegetables on the baking sheet, cut sides of the tomatoes and onions up. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove the garlic and any vegetables that are brown, and turn the oven on broil. Broil until the vegetables become browned on top but do not burn. Watch closely and remove individual vegetables before they burn.
When all are browned, put them into a food processor and pulse to chop. Add the salt and lime juice and process until well blended. Serve with tortilla chips or on top of enchiladas or burritos.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 26kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.6g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 8.8mg | Potassium: 186.9mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 3.5g