I’m holding in my hand an advance copy of Vegan Express. Those of you who have been following this blog for a while have surely heard of this latest cookbook by Nava Atlas–primarily because I took the photos for it (and haven’t stopped bragging about it!)
I’m thrilled about the way the photos turned out, but I’m even more impressed with the book as a whole. So today, I want to set aside the photos and tell you 10 reasons why you should own this book:
- Light, airy layout that’s fresh and appealing…
- …and filled with Nava’s delightful illustrations.
- 160 delicious recipes…
- …that take less than 45 minutes (and often less than 30) to prepare.
- Nutritional analysis of every recipe. (A personal fave.)
- A pantry supply list tailored to the recipes in the book.
- Menu suggestions accompanymost recipes.
- The best and easiest chocolate frosting ever!
- Crazy low price at Amazon.
- 8 pages of full-color photos. (Just sayin’.)
The book will be released in exactly 3 weeks, but you can pre-order yours today. But if you want more evidence, check out a few of the book’s recipes on the web. Nava has gone back to blogging, and the Berry-Apple Skillet Crumble pictured above is her current Recipe of the Week. Also be sure to check out the two recipes previously posted here, Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Olives and Sweet and White Potato Salad with Mixed Greens.
Probably what I like best about this book is that it is busy-person tested. Nava wrote it while raising a family and working on her graduate thesis, a sure sign that these recipes fit right into a hectic lifestyle. They could easily fit into yours!