Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away, so you know what that means. No, not hearts and flowers (though possibly some chocolate). I’m talking about Vegetable Love, my annual challenge to my fellow bloggers to create some hot, sexy, vegetable-filled Valentine’s recipes, the kind of dishes that will put some zing into an intimate dinner for two. Now, you don’t have to go all Peta on me, just give some thought to creating a healthy, vegan dish special enough for this most romantic of holidays.
Here are the rules:
- All entries must be new and posted specifically for this event.
- Recipes must contain one or more vegetables and be vegan and relatively low in fat.
- Your recipe must be posted to your blog by midnight Eastern time on Tuesday, February 10. Only one recipe per contestant, please.
- In your post, mention “Vegetable Love” and link back to this post (https://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2009/02/vegetable-love-2009.html). You may use the logo above if you like. (Please copy it and upload it to your own blog.)
- After you post your entry, email me at VL2009 (at) fatfreevegan (dot) com. Please include the link to your post, along with your name, the name of your blog, your recipe’s name, and a photo no more than 400 pixels wide.
On February 11, I will post a round-up of all the recipes–and then the fun begins. Readers will be able to vote for their favorite recipes. The first and second place winners will receive these prizes, courtesy of Nava Atlas:
First Prize will be a signed copy of Nava’s new book, Vegan Soups and Stews for All Seasons, a vegan update of her classic Vegetarian Soups with 20 new recipes.
Second Prize will be a signed copy of Vegan Express, Nava’s fabulous quick and easy cookbook, which came out last year.
Update: Those of you without blogs can send me your recipes and photos and I will post them for you. Entries must include both recipe and photo.