Chocolate-Peppermint Pudding

by on March 11, 2007

Spring is springing and school is breaking here in the Deep South, so I’m going to be taking some time off from blogging for a few days. But I thought before I go I’d leave you with an old favorite recipe for easy, microwave chocolate pudding, all gussied up with soft peppermint sticks.

Chocolate-Peppermint Pudding

1 Vegan Mama February 25, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Is this pudding supposed to be chilled before serving? I've never had warm pudding before. Just want to check before I dive in!

Thanks!

2 SusanV February 25, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Vegan Mama–I'm weird and impatient. I like warm pudding, so I do eat this warm, but feel free to chill it because that is the traditional way of eating pudding.

3 Shea May 12, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Wow. I was too lazy to do the peppermint, but this was awesome, easy, and cheap. I used half sugar half stevia and it turned out great. It heated up very quickly in the microwave though. I’ve never had pudding that wasn’t out of a box, so this was a pleasant surprise.

4 Emily September 25, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Hi! I love your recipes! I am trying this one out tonight. But I have a really old and not-so-powerful microwave. Would this work just as well stirring it in a pot on the stove? Just curious!

5 SusanV September 26, 2011 at 12:48 am

Sure, just bring it to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until very thick.

6 Deb December 11, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Is it possible to use all stevia for the sweetener instead of some sugar? Also, is it possible to use arrowroot powder instead of the corn starch?

7 Susan Voisin December 11, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I’ve made it with all stevia before and wasn’t happy with the flavor, but tastes vary, so you might like it. Arrowroot, to me, makes the texture more slimy and stretchy, so I don’t recommend it.

8 admattai March 20, 2012 at 5:18 pm

how long does this pudding last in the fridge?

9 Susan Voisin March 20, 2012 at 5:43 pm

You should eat it withing 2-3 days.

10 admattai March 23, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Thank you! I just made this for my vegan friend and we both loved it! That being said, there wasn’t too much for leftovers haha

11 admattai June 28, 2012 at 9:12 pm

also, adding crushed oreos (crushed in a food processor) is a great addition. I did that in addition to the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla & dash of cinnamon.