Imagine pumpkin pie and hot chocolate all mixed up together and poured into a mug and you’ve got this Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate. Spicy, sweet and warming! You can even make it into pudding!
Welcome to Weekend Quickies–quick recipes that won’t cut into your weekend relaxation time.
Today’s ridiculously easy recipe is brought to you courtesy of my last recipe, Mary’s Pumpkin Walnut Muffins, and more particularly by the half cup of pumpkin that is left over from a 15-ounce can after you make that recipe. Here’s a delicious drink that uses that leftover pumpkin and takes only about 10 minutes to prepare.
Imagine pumpkin pie and hot chocolate all mixed up together and poured into a mug and you’ve got this drink. Actually, it tastes better than that sounds! It’s spicy and sweet and warming on a chilly October day.
I dressed mine up with a little foamy soymilk that I whipped up with a simple milk frother. It doesn’t work well with all soymilks, but the store-brand vanilla soymilk that I used foamed up quickly and even made little whipped cream-like peaks. You may have to test several brands before you find one that foams up that thick (hint: Silk Vanilla in the aseptic boxes does not work).
Also, if it’s not “curl up with a hot drink” weather in your neighborhood, you can easily turn this beverage into a pudding with the addition of cornstarch and a few extra minutes of cooking time. See the notes in the recipe for more details.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- stevia or other sweetener to taste
- Combine all ingredients except sweetener in blender. Blend at medium speed until smooth. Check sweetness and add sweetener to taste; blend once more.
- Pour into a saucepan or microwaveable container and heat, stirring at regular intervals, until steaming. Pour into two mugs and serve.
Nutritional info is approximate.
Please pin and share!
Enjoy your weekend!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. When you buy something through them, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!