Valentine’s Dessert #1: Fruit Medley Cobbler

by on February 12, 2006

When you think of romantic Valentine’s Day meals, the words “low-fat” and “vegan” probably don’t spring right to mind. But they might after you try this luscious dessert, designed to feed your romantic spirit without wrecking your diet. The perfect follow-up to a candle-lit dinner, this cobbler contains 4 different fresh fruits–and heart-healthy oats as well.

Fruit Medley Cobbler

In the mood for something more decadent? Stay tuned for Valentine’s Dessert #2. Here’s a hint: Nothing says love like chocolate!

1 Cathrine De Danann June 16, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Dear Susan,
It is through your website that I have found my transition to a vegan effortless, and very enjoyable. Your recipes are wonderful, creative and delicious, and they have reignited my interest (and taste) in cooking.
Thank you so much.
Cathrine DD from Australia

2 Karena August 8, 2011 at 4:29 am

I changed up the fruit in this, using the blackberries my boys picked down the road and some fresh peaches from the farmers market, but left the topping as is. My guys (husband and two young boys) went absolutely ape over this! I was worried my husband would complain because he’s used to a topping with lots of butter, but not one negative utterance. Thanks for the winner, Susan! You’re helping me put my entire family on the whole foods vegan path!

3 SusanV August 8, 2011 at 7:54 am

I’m so glad to hear that! And blackberries and peaches sound like a great combo!

4 Stephanie July 5, 2012 at 8:34 am

Going to make this today with a different medley of fruit–peaches, raspberries, blueberries and an apple. Appears to be about 3.5 ish c. of fruit, is that correct? Thanks so much for the work you do on your website. It is a comfort to have “you” there as a resource time and time again.

5 Susan Voisin July 5, 2012 at 8:39 am

Thanks for the kind words, Stephanie! Yes, I would estimate 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups of fruit. But it’s a very forgiving recipe, so don’t worry about exact amounts.

6 Emma wanes February 2, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Many of your recipes, like this one, call for whole wheat flour. Can I just use regular flour?

7 Susan Voisin February 2, 2013 at 8:51 pm

It won’t make a difference in this recipe, but in baked goods it can be tricky to use white flour where whole wheat is called for because they need different amounts of moisture. But feel free to substitute in this one.

{ 1 trackback }